Reformed ('White') Church, Balatonfüred
The tallest building of old Balatonfüred is the Reformed Church built in 1828, commonly known as the White Church.
The cornerstone of the building was set in the summer of 1826 on the spot of an earlier slaughterhouse and two years later the church was completed. Its design is Classicist style with some late Baroque (Zopf) elements. The spire of the church is the result of a renovation in 1922.
The church is not only important because of its age or outlook but because the author Mór Jókai would come here for Mass during his holidays in Balatonfüred. Since 2012, there is a plaque on the bench where he sat during the service. We also known from church documents that Jókai donated two forints for the building of the church organ. According to a local tale, Jókai even used the church as a hiding place once.