Our Lady of the Visitation Church, Siófok
The tower of the Roman Catholic church was originally part of a Baroque church built on the same spot in 1739. As Siófok became more and more popular and developed, the 18th century building proved to be small for the congregation and it was demolished only leaving the tower erect. In 1903, a new church was built and joined to the old tower.
The new, Neo-Romanesque church was designed by Veszprém-born architect Károly Csomay. Above the entrance is a painting by Endre Muszinszki Nagy and the pictures of the calvary stations were painted by Béla Büky.
An interesting fact is that this church has the larges organs in the churches around Balaton. The instrument made by Frigyes Paulus has 2432 pipes.