Charles IV Calvary, Tihany
The original calvary was named after Charles IV of Hungary who in 1921 spent a few days in captivity in Tihany but it is also known as the Trianon Calvary. The calvary with 14 stations was built during the 1920's, its statues were sculpted by Lőrinc Siklódy. This structure with the stations, crosses, bronze corpuses and the columned terrace was demolished in the 1960's in order to make space for a memorial of the 15th anniversary of Veszprém's liberation. This memorial was never finished but the calvary was removed nonetheless, its stones and statues being carried away by locals. The bronze reliefs of the stations were brought to the Saint Margit's Church in Veszprém while the corpora of the crosses are in the cemetery of Sümeg.
The reconstruction of the calvary was planned in 1991 but the foundation stone was only set in 2007. Parts of the original was recovered with hard work, and the missing pieces were remade. The finished calvary was dedicated in autumn 2013 and a small chapel keeping the relics of Charles IV was built behind the crosses.